BAKER STREET ACADEMY – INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
PURPOSE: To provide a theoretical and practical training ground for students wanting to enter the private investigative field. A diploma in investigations is provided upon successful completion. One on one coaching is required during the entire program.
REQUIREMENTS: Min 19 yrs. of age to meet licensing requirements
Working knowledge and ability to communicate with the English Language
Ability to work independently to complete assigned tasks.
1. Assistance in obtaining the Investigators License Under Supervison
2. Mandatory Basic Course required for licensing
3. Diploma in Investigations – Total of 200 hrs of course learning
4. Practical investigation work – Total of 100 hrs. that will be credited towards the
Mandatory 2400 hr. minimum requirement by the government to achieve
The removal of the “Under Supervision” Category.
5. A letter confirming practical hours earned and investigative work conducted.
6. Assistance in career search and resume preparation
PROGRAM IS A TOTAL OF THREE MONTHS CONSISTING OF COURSE MATERIALS AND PRACTICAL WORK ASSIGNED ACCORDING TO THE STUDENT PROGRESS.
FEES: Licensing fee $120.00 paid directly to government on your behalf
Program fee $5500.00
Additional Costs – text books *please note these prices change often but as of
Jan 2013 the cost was $450.00
Career Search $250.00
Resume Preparation $200.00
PLEASE NOTE WE MUST RECEIVE PAYMENT OF COURSE AT LEAST TEN DAYS PRIOR TO INTERNSHIP STARTING OR CONFIRMATION FROM THE FUNDING BODY AS YOU ARE PROVIDED WITH A ONE ON ONE COACH .
Internships are available to start the second Monday of every month or upon special arrangements with the course coordinator. Please note these are coveted opportunities and we only allow two one on one interships each three months.
April 5, 2013 – Updated fees